- “Agrarian Questions and the Struggle for Land Justice in the United States,” by Eric Holt-Giménez.
- “4 Not so Easy Ways to Dismantle Racism in the Food System,” by Leah Penniman.
- “The Unbearable Whiteness of Alternative Food” by Julie Guthman
- “The Great Land Robbery” by Vann R. Newkirk II.
- Episodes 5 and 6 of the New York Times 1619 podcast: USDA loan discrimination against Black farmers
- Young farmers racial equity toolkit
- How to be an Anti Racist by Ibram X. Kendi (book)
- “Ending violence against people of color in food and farming” (the National Young Farmers Coalition’s Equity Statement)
- “The Elusive Inclusive: Black Food Geographies and Racialized Food Spaces,” by Margaret Marietta Ramírez:
- critiquing exclusively white leadership of many alternative food institutions
- “Anti‐racist practice and the work of community food organizations.” by Rachel Slocum
- Eating while young and Black: food, foodways, and gentrification in Austin, Texas by N. L. Jones (Doctoral dissertation).
- Black food geographies: race, self-reliance, and food access in Washington, D.C. by Ashanté Reese
- There were nearly a million black farmers in 1920. Why have they disappeared?
Farming while Black
- The Color of Food by Natasha Bowens. (book)
- “Farming While Black: Soul Fire Farm’s Practical Guide to Liberation on the Land,” by Leah Penniman. Chapter 16 “White People Uprooting Racism.” (book chapter)
- Freedom farmers: agricultural resistance and the Black freedom movement. by Monica M. White (book)
- Movement for Black Lives
- National Black Food and Justice Alliance: organizing for Black food sovereignty, land, and justice
- Black Out Collective: Black land liberation
- Black Land and Liberation Initiative: fighting for land reparations and self-determined Black community spaces
- Black Church Food Security Network: organizing church communities towards Black food sovereignty
- Detroit People’s Food Coop: inspiring model for food retail, founded by the Detroit Black Community Food Security Network to build community ownership and food sovereignty
- Black Farmers Network: networking hub for Black farmers
- Via Campensina: peasant-led movement against corporate consolidation and neoliberal policies
- Fair Food Network: fighting to support farmworkers rights
- Coalition of Immokalee Workers: fighting to support farmworker rights
- Agricultural Justice Project
Know of any resources we missed?
-> Email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org